Pan-fried duck with sesame and apple relish
500g duck breast
1. Cut the duck into slices about 1cm thick, then fry in a hot pan for 2 minutes and lightly season with salt and pepper.
2. Serve on a bed of fresh rocket and top with your sesame seed and apple relish.
1. Sweat the onions (in some oil, optional) for about 5 minutes until opaque (do not allow to colour).
2. Add the caster sugar, spices and seeds, followed by the apples and apple juice.
3. Cook until the apples are soft in texture but not mushy.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. The relish can be kept in the refrigerator for a few weeks (if stored in a Kilner jar or other airtight jar).